The basic premise of Go Get Gorbals encourages the exchange of things, ideas and information through our online tool.
- temporarily limiting your ability to create posts or interact with other Go Get Gorbals users;
- asking you to verify account ownership with a phone number or email address; or
- permanently suspending your account(s).
If you attempt to evade a permanent suspension by creating new accounts, we will suspend your new accounts.
The most current version is always available at: https://www.gogetgorbals.org/terms-of-use
Content Boundaries and Use of Go Get Gorbals
- We reserve the right to suspend accounts or take other appropriate action when someone’s brand or trademark, including business name and/or logo, is used in a manner that may mislead or confuse others about your brand affiliation.
- We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. All rights reserved to Go Get Gorbals 2018 (Icecream Architecture Ltd)
Graphic violence and adult content
We consider graphic violence to be any form of gory media related to death, serious injury, violence, or surgical procedures. We consider adult content to be any media that is pornographic and/or may be intended to cause sexual arousal.
Go Get Gorbals does not allow any form of graphic violence and/or adult content in any post, image, message or comment nor do we allow any form of inappropriate or aggressive language. We hold the right to remove any post, image, message or comment which uses violent, graphic, adult content, inappropriate or aggressive language or imagery from the site, continued posting of this imagery or language will result in your permenant removal of the site.
You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using Go Get Gorbals, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
We believe in freedom of expression and open dialogue, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we prohibit behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Context matters when evaluating for abusive behavior and determining appropriate enforcement actions. Factors we may take into consideration include, but are not limited to whether:
- the behavior is targeted at an individual or group of people;
- the report has been filed by the target of the abuse or a bystander;
- the behavior is newsworthy and in the legitimate public interest.
Violence and physical harm
- You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, threatening or promoting terrorism. You also may not affiliate with organisations that — whether by their own statements or activity both on and off the platform — use or promote violence against civilians to further their causes.
- Suicide or self-harm:
- You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self-harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person and providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
- Child sexual exploitation:
- You may not promote child sexual exploitation.
Abuse and hateful conduct
- You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice. Unwanted sexual advances: You may not direct abuse at someone by sending unwanted sexual content, objectifying them in a sexually explicit manner, or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct.
- Hateful conduct:
- You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
- Hateful imagery and display names:
- You may not use hateful images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment or expressing hate towards a person, group, or protected category.
Private information and intimate media
- Private information:
- You may not publish or post other people's private information without their express authorisation and permission.
- Intimate media:
- You may not post or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent.
- Threats to expose/hack:
- You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information or intimate media. You also may not threaten to hack or break into someone’s digital information.
You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organisations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
Spam and Security
We strive to protect people on Go Get Gorbals from technical abuse and spam. To promote a stable and secure environment on Go Get Gorbals, you may not do, or attempt to do, any of the following while accessing or using Gorbals:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Go Get Gorbals, it’s computer systems, or database
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures.
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, project or organisation, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing Go Get Gorbals’ services, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on Go Get Gorbals.
- Malicious content: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy.
Spam: You may not use Go Get Gorbals’ services for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined on Go Get Gorbals as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt users or projects, haves, needs and events. We consider this bulk aggressive activity to include;
- Multiple messages or comments which are not in the spirit of Go Get Gorbals;
- If you post events, haves, needs and projects which do not belong to you and which other users report as not your own.
- if you post misleading, deceptive, or malicious links (e.g., affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you create fake accounts, account interactions, or impressions;
Using Go Get Gorbals
Who can use Go Get Gorbals
Any one over the age of 16 can use Go Get Gorbals.
How to use Go Get Gorbals
Go Get Gorbals does not represent the content shared by others on this page nor is responsible for its authenticity, however if you understand content to be untrue or offensive you have the right to report it to the platform to be dealt with.
Go Get Gorbals is used for the following services.
- for sharing of free items, skills and services
- for advertising your events and projects in the area
- to communicate with other people in relation to their posts or profile
- to advertise your organisation or what you do in the area
- search for and join events, projects, services and organisations in Gorbals
The use of Go Get Gorbals beyond these five services is not permitted and use the site beyond these service will result in your account, posts, messages and comments to be suspended or permanently deleted.
You retain your rights to any content you submit, post or display on or through Go Get Gorbals. However by sharing this content on Go Get Gorbals you allow worldwide access to this information.
You may need to create an account to find information on Go Get Gorbals. However without an account you will be unable to message, comment, like or interact with any information through the site. If you create an account with Go Get Gorbals you are solely responsible for safeguarding this so use a strong, private password and do not share this publicly. We are not liable for your failure to safeguard your account.
Your right to use Go Get Gorbals
Limitation of Liability
All Rights Reserved to Copy right Go Get Gorbals 2018Icecream Architecture Ltd 54 Cook St Glasgow G5 8JN Company No. SC468989 VAT Reg. 179619946